Saturday, April 19, 2014

Happy Easter


Say something I'm giving up on you...


Last night I attended an evening service for Good Friday. I've been going to my new church for about seven months now and every Sunday I look forward to going and singing in prayer and worship. This was never the case before. I'm not exactly sure why, but I've always had a hard time praying. I've actually written a whole long post about my new church and my new feelings toward church, but have yet to hit the publish button. In time.

I didn't know what I was in for last night. I knew how sacred and solemn the day was. I knew that Jesus willingly gave his life for us, for me and you, and was killed and nailed to the cross. But I never really knew. That is, until last night. 

What I experienced last night at church was like nothing I'd ever experienced before.

It was quiet. 

It was intense. 

I could feel my body shaking and the chills going up my spine.

It was sad. 

It was amazing. 

It was... love.

Tomorrow I will celebrate Easter with the people I love. I will remember the ultimate sacrifice Jesus made for me. I will pray hard and sing loud. I will glorify God. I will remember the feelings I had on that Good Friday yesterday and be grateful. 




He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed. - 1 Peter 2:24 

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Beautiful post. That moment when it really sets in, when you 'get it' changes your life in ways you never expected.