Sunday, December 15, 2013

These are a few of my favorite things...

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens...

Did you see the Sound of Music live with Carrie Underwood? Despite some negative comments and criticism it is getting, I loved it. The Sound of Music is one of my favorite movies ever! I remember watching it growing up with my Nanny on VHS. I also saw it on Broadway. This post isn't really about my argument that it was good and how much I enjoyed it. Instead this is a post about some of my favorite things during the Christmas season...

- Red.
Red nails, red balls on the tree, red shoes, red poinsettias, red berries.

- Christmas cards.
I used to think that sending a photo card with your child's picture on it at Christmas time was silly. That is, until I had my own child. (Disclaimer: I have always enjoyed getting Christmas photo cards from others.) Yes, I think getting the perfect picture of said child is stressful and nearly impossible, but sometimes it's the not-so-perfect photos that are truly the best! I love displaying all the cards I receive in the mail during the holiday season.


This year I hung my photo cards on a piece of twine in my kitchen with small clothespins keeping the card in place. I love the look!

- Stamps.
While we are on that, I must say I always look forward to the Christmas stamps at the post office. This year the gingerbread house stamp was my favorite.

- Candy cane Hershey's kisses.
They are so yummy! Have you tried them?

- Christmas music.
It's so fun! This year my favorite tune is Under the Tree by Kelly Clarkson. Such a fun song to dance to. And let me tell you, I have a little dancing queen on my hands!

- Flannel pajamas and fleece socks.
The perfect combination on cozy, don't ya think?


Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes. Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes...

What are some of your favorite things this Christmas season?

1 comment:

Melissa @ i carry your heart said...

I loved The Sound of Music too. I thought people were way too critical of Carrie Underwood. It was almost as if they made up their minds that they wouldn't like it before even seeing it.