Monday, December 16, 2013

Our Home Sweet {Christmas} Home

Sharing some photos of our home today. I love the way our Christmas decor came together. this year. It was not stressful or time limited. In fact, I just put up my Christmas lights outside over the weekend, and you know what, that is OK. It all came together nicely and it is just us.

Located in our front room, which is a sitting room with lots of windows, a comfy small couch, and an entryway bench with hooks and a vintage coat rack, is our tree. It greets you as you walk in the front door. Hello tree!
White lights. Red balls. Red wooden beads. Burlap ribbon. Starfish on top.


It's real. It smells amazing and I love that you can get a glimpse of it from the outside looking in.

 Here is my view from the couch on the other side of the room — getting a glimpse of my crackling, warm fire as I write this blog post. 


I always decorate my tv cabinet according to the season. 


This year it features snow, pine cones, a fresh poinsettia, red sparkly Christmas balls, glittery greenery and my favorite snow globe. The snow globe plays Oh Christmas Tree. 


 Hello Mr. Reindeer...

 On our entry table is another small tree with some special (read: breakable) ornaments and Molly's nativity. The giraffe is a Lenox ornament given to Molly by her grandparents on her first Christmas — one to treasure for always. The other nativity is under the tree and was given to my husband by his mother. 


Over here is our beach scene with a driftwood tree courtesy of Danielle at Finding Silver Pennies, our various sand dollars from places we visited this year, and a little Adirondack chair. I love collecting ornaments from places we've been. We have one from Saint Lucia from our honeymoon seven years ago. 
Don't ya love those vintage stockings? So pretty! 



I love decorating my home, especially this time of year with all the glitter and red and fanciness that is happening. Do you love decorating this time of year?

4 comments:

Natalie said...

You can decorate my house anytime!

Clotee S said...

It's feel like I'm visiting your house right now.

Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for a Happy New Year!
Bring you Good wishes of happiness.

Sorry for greeting you earlier,, just don't want miss saying this.
By the way, I'm Clotee. It's my first time visiting your blog. I am blogger too, and now try my best luck to open an e-shop. Nice to know you.

Regards,
Clotee

Danielle said...

Merry Christmas, Paige x Your house looks lovely and thank you so much for the shout out. x

Laurie Wolfe said...

You are too cute with all of your vintage! You remind me so much of my lovely Aunt who lives in CT and is a Vintage lady herself! She's actually created a nice little business for herself from her love of everything vintage. You two should connect! Her name is JoAnn Madden. http://www.etsy.com/shop/rileybellavintage