Friday, August 23, 2013

Five on Friday

Happy Friday! I am so grateful for having today off. I really needed it after a long, exhausting week. I am meeting up with some friends and their kiddos today.
 
Linking up with the good life blog.
 
 
{ONE}
This weekend we are prepping the guest room to have the carpet steam cleaned and get ready to paint. I'm also planning on organizing the linen closet {which is in the guest room} and remove the doors and replace with long, flowy panel curtains. Still deciding on a color scheme. Originally thought I'd do gray and yellow, but now I'm leaning toward gray and navy. I just love navy!
 
{TWO}
I am craving getting back to a schedule and very excited to be back to "normal" soon. Don't get me wrong, I love summer! But this year I am ready to put the summer behind us. I am getting excited about Halloween too. I love Halloween! Thinking of costumes for Molly. We were thinking she could be this.  I could totally create this costume on my own, I think. Or maybe this, which I could also create on my own, since Molly has a cute pair of John Deere overalls and we have lots of hay in the coop for the chickens, ducks, a turkey and bunnies.
{Yes, you read that right, those are all my hubby's farm animals!} 
 
{THREE}
I cannot live without Clorox wipes for my kitchen and bathroom, and the whole house, really. I am also loving Costco brand baby wipes. I throw a package in the car, one in the bathroom, one in Molly's room. They are very soft and so needed, since my little girl like to do everything herself these days and we are still working on potty training. It's going pretty well.
"I do it, Mommy", she says, to everything from opening her own ice pop, to puring he own milk, to fastening her own seat belt.
 
{FOUR}
While fishing out some "new" toys and puzzles for Molly and I to play with this morning, I came across a stack of old magazines. While Molly naps I am perusing through the July/August 2007 issue of Country Home. Speaking of magazines I have a few that I'd like to subscribe to, in addition to Working Mom, Oprah, Parents and Real Simple, that I already get monthly, I'd like to add HGTV Magazine and BHG.
 
{FIVE}
While in Costco the other day, I noticed they already have some Christmas stuff out! Can you believe it? I know they push Christmas on us before Halloween, but it isn't even Labor Day yet!
So, what's a girl to do...? Buy something for Christmas of course! This year it is my goal to complete my Christmas shopping before December 1. I've already bought three things! This is new for me, since I usually stress out last minute to find the perfect gift for all, but I'm excited to see if I can do it. I'll keep ya posted.
Last year we adopted a local family and opted out of our own family gifts. I still intend to donate food and gifts to a family in our community, but this year our family will get gifts too.
 
 
 
Have a great weekend. We are going to enjoy lovely sunny skies and low humidity on Long Island this weekend. Sounds perfect to me!
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That's scary that they have Christmas stuff out already. The year has just flown by - ah!