Wednesday, July 18, 2012

i shine

I learned about the shine project when I was reading one of my favorite blogs, the Lisa Leonard blog. I was immediately inspired.

Begin. Explore. Create. Shine.



I visited the site and learned more. I got excited! I ordered the cards. I got super excited when they came and read the simple and effective message written on the back, be the change, do a random act of kindness, let the world see you shine.



Lisa Leonard stylin' in her Shine tee and Shine card.


Then the cards sat on my desk for about a week or so and I was waiting for the perfect moment to start my shine project.

It happened today.

I was thinking about a friend, my old boss, actually. She is going through a very, very sad time. Picture it... your sole mate, your charmer, the man you have dedicated your life to is suffering a terrible, fatal illness. And there is nothing you can do to make it go away and cure him. I like them both very much. I think of them often. My old boss is a mentor to me, whether she knows it or not. Her husband is truly a lover of life and a genuinely kind person.
I brought her some food from one of her favorite places today so that {at least for today} she didn't have to think about what to eat. The bag included a chopped salad, fruit, rice pudding, a turkey/Swiss wrap and cookies. Incidentally, her hubby {who hardly eats these days} is a huge fan of rice pudding. Excellent!
I felt amazing! I know how much the two of them appreciated it.
A small token of my affection. Something to brighten their day.
I am really looking forward to doing more. Consider your own shine project. For more details check out the site here.

Pass it forward....

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

awwww! I'm sure that was very much appreciated. More than you know.