Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day 2012

My husband always wanted to be a Dad.

He is traditional. He believes in family. He is loyal. He is hardworking.

He grew up in a very traditional Italian household; his Mom cooked dinner every night and they ate once his Dad came home from work {around 5:30pm every night}, chores were done, curfews obeyed, rules were set...you get it. When the kids in the family got older {hubby, his older sister and his older brother} Sundays were family dinner night. A good meal was cooked, everyone (kids and their significant others) took their usual seats, candles were lit, music {usually Andrea Bocelleli or in the later years Josh Groban} was playing in the background, and my father in law said grace, thanking God for our meal, and for his wife {they've been married for 40 years by the way} for preparing the meal. Since my hubby and I have been together since we were teens, I remember Sunday night dinners at what would one day be my in-laws home. 


 My husband is Molly's Daddy...and he loves his little girl.  


She brings a smile to his face on any given day.



They even love mid morning naps together on Sundays.



Happy Father's Day to my husband, Michael.

2 comments:

Michele said...

So sweet! I love traditional families! You are blessed :)

Theresa Thorp said...

You are such a lucky lady and Michael and Molly are lucky to have you as a wife and mommy. Love the picture of them taking their nap. Definitely frame worthy. xoxo