Thursday, February 10, 2011

Love is in the air...

Valentine's Day is right around the corner. I'm one of those girly girls who totally eats up this Hallmark Holiday. I usually get valentines for everyone, things like cards, cupcakes, cute candies, etc. etc. I decorate my house. I make heart shaped cookies, sandwiches, whatever. As an avid blog reader I came across this blog recently, and decided to adopt the author's lovely (pun intended) post and answer 20 questions about marriage...


1. How long have you been married?
Michael and I celebrated our 4-year anniversary this past November.

2. How long have you been together?
Oh boy...well, pretty much forever! We are both going to be 31 years old in less than a month (him - February 27, me - March 7) and we started "dating" when we were 13, in middle school, geeky and all! I'm no mathematician, but we've been together for ~17 years. Funny things is, I love him a little more every day!

3. Where did you go on your first date?
Commack Movie Theatre. I wish I could remember what movie we saw.

4. Where did you go on your latest date?
We went to Salsa Salsa, a small restaurant in our town, followed by Starbucks, then picked up a library book.

5. What's your anniversary date?
November 19, 2006

6. Where were you married?
Saint Patrick's Church, Bay Shore

7. What was your best/favorite wedding gift and from whom?
We have this really great platter with a special love saying on it. My former office manager gave it to us.

8. Where did you honeymoon?
St. Lucia

9. What food do you like now because of your spouse?
Ribs - He makes 'em with half BBQ sauce and half duck sauce and they are YUM-O!

10. What type of music do you like now because of your spouse?
Van Halen

11. What movie or television program do you like now because of your spouse?
Oh man, it's tough because Michael only watches hockey, News 12 Long Island or the Ultimate Fighting Challenge. I do like hockey because of him!

12. Favorite PG rated thing you like doing together?
Painting. (Disclaimer - we've lived in our house for almost 6 years and have painted our kitchen 3 times, our bathroom 2 times.) Shopping for the house.

13. Last gift you bought your spouse?
Porcelain egg crates from Crate and Barrel for V day

14. Last gift your spouse bought you?
O-M-G...diamond earrings for Christmas. I {heart} them so very much!

15. Favorite things about your spouse?
My hubby is a hard-working man and I know that I will never have to worry about him not providing for our family. He is funny. He is so super cute. I love laughing together. I love that he takes care of me. I love his morning phone call.

16. Something you disagree about:
Cigarettes. I hate 'em. He does too, but is having some real trouble quitting this time. I know he's committed to quitting before we welcome our baby this Spring. I will support him in any way I can.

17. Book that you both like:
Currently, What to Expect When You're Expecting

18. Best shared experience?
Once we went to a Bed-n-Breakfast in Pennsylvania together. We ate awesome wings, it was my first time. We had fun!
19. One thing you want to do together in the future?
Go camping!

20. What makes a marriage last?
Trust. Unconditional love. Humor. Balancing each other out. I happen to think Michael & I do this pretty well.


Here is a recent photo of Michael & I

4 comments:

erin. said...

You two are going to be the perfect parents! 17 years together too- Wow! Happy Valentine's Day! Enjoy every minute of it!

Kathleen said...

awww, this is adorable - just like you two!

Paige said...

@Erin - that is so sweet to say. Thanks Erin :)

Michele said...

You guys have so much history together. I bet you have a lot of special memories. That's really neat to have been a couple for so long! I think it's very exciting that you guys are welcoming a new baby! The Van Halen music thing is really funny! My husband's old roommate loved Van Halen, and they all went to a concert to see them in the 90s. I found your 'follow 'button and I'm now following :)